With strikes seemingly affecting every corner, navigating through London recently has been quite challenging. Fortunately, Toyota offered us the opportunity to test drive the compact yet exquisitely designed Aygo X. You might recall that a few weeks ago, we covered the launch of the Aygo X Undercover in Paris, but this was our first chance to get behind the wheel and hit the open road.
In the midst of a cost-of-living crisis, the Aygo X presents an alluring proposition. The Sunday Times Motors Award 2022 concurs, crowning it City/Small Car of The Year. Light on the pocket, compliant with ULEZ regulations, visually appealing, and fuel-efficient – what’s not to love? Other highlights for us include the elevated seating position, Smartphone integration, and the smooth ride thanks to the 17” alloy wheels, something uncharacteristic for a car of its size.
- Affordable pricing compared to other vehicles in its class
- Fuel efficiency, contributing to both petrol savings and environmental friendliness
- Compact size for ease of manoeuvring and parking in congested areas
- Smartphone integration – compatible with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
- Toyota’s renowned reputation for reliability and durability, backed by up to 10 years of Toyota Warranty
- Limited boot space due to its compact dimensions
- Engine performance may feel slightly underpowered, particularly on highways or with a full passenger load
- Fewer customisation options compared to other vehicles in its class
The Toyota Aygo X is currently available from £15,990. For further information and to arrange a test drive, please visit toyota.co.uk.