The summer may be winding down, but September is ushering in some exciting new energy. Labor Day Weekend is Sept. 1-4 and several annual events—including the Aflac Kickoff Game, Dragon Con and Atlanta Black Pride—are drawing legions of visitors craving delicious meals after all-day activities. The following details a few of the specials Atlanta restaurants have planned. See all the spots inside…
- Looking for a bite to eat downtown? Look no further than Ray’s in the City. This is the perfect spot for those attending the Aflac Kickoff game and other events downtown.
- Weekend revelers are invited to kick back and “Basque in the Sun” at Gypsy Kitchen. On Sunday, Sept. 3 starting at 4:30 p.m., the Buckhead Village eatery is hosting its weekly culinary adventure where guests sip on tintos de Verano, draft gin and tonics, and Spanish ciders while enjoying a variety of pintxos and a live performance from a flamenco guitarist.
- Johnny’s Hideaway is Buckhead’s ultimate party destination, welcoming everyone—from locals to out-of-towners—to join in on the festivities. The iconic nightclub extends the weekend by staying open until 3 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 3.
- The Big Ketch Saltwater Grill lures guests to a beach getaway in the heart of Buckhead on Labor Day. The eatery is offering $1 oysters by the dozen all day on Monday, Sept. 4.
- The Best Sandwich Shop serves everything from breakfast sandwiches and coffee to hot and cold subs and American micro-brewed and traditional European beer. Guests can fuel up for the weekend with a variety of sandwiches including The Best of the Wurst made with Patak bratwurst, sauteed peppers and onions, provolone cheese and Cleveland ballpark mustard and Sunset Blvd. with house-roasted turkey, bacon, avocado, tomato, spouts, Swiss cheese, and tarragon mayo. The Best is open daily 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Your Third Spot has all guests need for a fun-filled holiday weekend. The hangout, boasting more than 70 games and a menu of small plates and craft cocktails, will be open for additional hours from 12-10 p.m. on Labor Day.
- Wings and sandwiches make for a delicious, no-fuss holiday weekend, and at Zunzi’s, guests can indulge in both. The award-winning eatery will be open during normal hours for the long weekend.
- Cattle Shed Wine & Steak Bar is welcoming guests all weekend. The upscale eatery will keep its regular hours while also offering enticing brunch specials for guests on Monday.
- Milton’s Cuisine & Cocktails is raising the “steaks” on Labor Day. The Crabapple eatery is offering half-priced filet mignons from 5-9 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 4.
- Labor Day coincides with Buck-a-Shuck Mondays at Ocean & Acre. On Monday, Sept. 4, the Alpharetta dining destination is offering $1 oysters by the dozen all day long.
- All locations of HOBNOB Neighborhood Tavern will be open regular hours over Labor Day weekend. Guests are invited to delight in its brunch specials on Monday.
- NaanStop, with locations in Atlantic Station, downtown and Buckhead, will be open and serving its menu of fast casual Indian naan wraps, rice bowls and fresh salads. Guests can try an award-winning samosa or beat the summer heat with a refreshing mango lassi.
- Taco Mac, Georgia’s favorite neighborhood sports bar, is well known for its famous fresh, never frozen, locally sourced wings, house-made sauces, and a wide variety of beers on tap. All locations are equipped with plenty of televisions for catching all the college football and baseball games over Labor Day Weekend.
- Tin Lizzy’s Cantina keeps the long weekend party going with $4 margaritas all day on Monday, Sept. 4. A refreshing margarita is the perfect complement to the eatery’s menu of eclectic tacos, skillets, salads, and more.